Are you ready to choose a cleaning service? Here are some GREAT questions to ask that will help you make a well informed decision. By performing a little due diligence at first and taking the time to listen carefully to the answers, it will prevent you from being dissatisfied and switching cleaning services often. I think half the battle is finding the “right” cleaning service that is the best fit for your individual need!
1. How do you find your cleaning technicians, how many cleaning technicians are in the service and how do you train them? Do you provide on-going training?
2. Do you perform background checks and drug testing on the cleaning technicians?
3. What happens if a cleaning technician were to get hurt in my home? (Do you have Workman’s Compensation?)
4. What would happen if bleach is spilled on my carpet or if my counter top were to get damaged? (Do you have liability insurance?)
5. What would happen if an expensive piece of jewelry goes “missing”? Are you bonded? (This question is related to question 2 as well!)
6. Do you prefer that someone is home while cleaning or do you prefer to clean when no one is home?
7. How do you handle going into closed closets, is that something that is off limits or what is your policy on that?
8. Would I be in a contract or would I be able to cancel the cleaning anytime? Do you have a last minute cancellation fee?
9. What is your policy concerning pets? Would my dog need to be crated?
10. How are complaints handled and what do you do to make sure the quality of the cleaning is good?
11. How flexible is the scheduling? What happens if I fall on a holiday or if there is bad weather on my scheduled day? Are we skipped or are you able to reschedule?
The answers to these questions will shed light on whether you and the cleaning service are a good fit for each other. While some of the larger cleaning services may be a better fit for some, a smaller cleaning service may be a better fit for others depending on the needs. I hope this helps your search for the right cleaning service for you!