Are one of your goals this year to keep your home cleaner? Well, you know you can always call us to give you a jump start or to take over the cleaning for you but here are some easy ways you can keep your home a little bit cleaner whether you have a cleaning service or not!
- Take 5 minutes to brush out your dog or cat every day (Outside of course!)
- Take off your outdoor shoes to put on your indoor shoes when coming inside.
- Have a commercial mat/rug at the door to catch debris.
- Take 15 minutes each day just for cleaning.
- Look around your home to see what is considered clutter and take it to Goodwill. (Be careful, if you are like me, you might want to get rid of everything at times!)
- Plan to have company over, this always gets one motivated to clean.
- Clean out the fridge of all old food each time before going to the grocery store.
- Dust one room every day.
- Vacuum one room every day!
- Clean one fixture in your bathrooms every day!
- Wipe the kitchen counters down after you wash the dishes.
- Keep your cleaning supplies in a caddy so you have them all right there when the cleaning bug hits.
- Make your bed every morning, you will feel better about things and have a place to put things such as clean laundry.
- Put all dirty clothes in a laundry hamper, making a habit of it.
- Delegate specific cleaning chores to each family member.
- Take 5 minutes to “straighten the house” each night. It may take less time with the rest of the family involved! (You might even be motivated to do more.)
- Try putting things away when finished with them instead of leaving them out.
- Pretend your mother in law is coming for a visit! 🙂
These are just some ways to help. Often times it is just getting a start on things that is so hard and often times it is when I just do a small cleaning chore that motivates me to do other things. Hope this can help you! Happy New Year!