Dear Customers/Future Customers,
As details of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 ( COVID-19 ) unfold, I wanted to take a moment to let you know what we are doing to keep you and your home safe. Like you, we are diligently monitoring the Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as the World Health Organization (WHO), for updates and any changes that might affect the way we serve you and your family.
Currently, few people in our local area have been identified as having the COVID-19 virus, so I feel that now is the perfect time to plan and prepare in case we do eventually see this in our community.
Since we work in many elderly customers’ homes during the months where we have the seasonal flu, we already undergo many of the precautions that the CDC recommends that people take with COVID-19.
We always take the following precautions in our normal course of business:
- We do not reuse cleaning cloths or mop heads from one house to another. Each team is given adequate freshly washed and sanitized cloths and mop heads each day to clean their assigned homes.
- We use a disinfectant cleaner in the bathrooms.
- We do not carry a toilet brush from house to house (a common industry practice). We use mesh scrubbing cloths and only use freshly washed and sanitized scrubbing cloths in each home we clean.
- Again, all of our cleaning cloths, mesh scrubbing cloths and mop heads are commercially laundered and sanitized at a commercial facility. Only fresh, clean and sanitized cleaning cloths and mop heads are used in each home we clean.
- Hypoallergenic bags are used in the vacuum cleaners.
We have also added these extra protections and will continue to do these for as long as there is a risk of viral transmission (influenza or otherwise):
- Weekly meetings with our staff explaining ways to minimize the risk of viral transmission.
- We will not reuse magic erasers. We only use the portion that we need in each home and when we are finished cleaning that home, we will throw it away.
- When we arrive at your home, each team member will wear a new pair of disposable nitrile gloves or cleaned and/or sanitized rubber gloves for the bathrooms. Disposable nitrile gloves will be thrown away upon leaving your home and the rubber gloves will be washed and sanitized. We will also be using hand sanitizer before entry and after exiting each customer’s home.
- We are adding the additional step of sanitizing door knobs in each room of your home.
- Any employee showing symptoms of the flu or Covid-19, will be sent home to rest and heal. Employees earn paid time off for instances such as these. This may cause some disruptions to our schedule from time to time, but we feel that this more than outweighs the prevention and spreading of any viruses.
We recognize the important role that we fill in keeping your home clean and healthy during times like this. If you would like to add additional cleanings, just let us know and we will try to make room in our schedule for you. We are absolutely committed to keeping our two most valuable assets, our clients and our employees, safe and healthy.
Thank you for trusting and/or considering Kidwell’s Kleaning with your home cleaning care. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 301-698-9084. I can also be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.