Five Easy Things That Will Keep Your Home Cleaner
Did you know that with just a little bit of effort and training, you will be able to keep your home a LOT cleaner? You’ll feel so much better when those unexpected guests come over or when people just drop in to say hi. You’ll even be more inclined to entertain and have guests more often. Try these 5 simple things and see for yourself!
- Keep a good dirt grabbing mat at all entrance doors. They may not be as pretty as you like, but they sure are effective and it will really help keep the dirt out of your home!
- Make everyone take their shoes off before coming into the home. I hate doing this because I like warm feet, so I always make sure to keep “house only” shoes to change into. After you get your household used to this concept and with a little training, they won’t even think twice about it and it will be second nature to do this.
- Spend 10 minutes with your family “picking up” the house, preferably right before bedtime. Set a timer even! You will be truly amazed of how productive you can be in 10 minutes with your family helping you. You might not even need 10 minutes.
- Take 10 minutes a day to scrub, vacuum or dust. Again, if you just take 10 minutes a day to either clean a toilet, dust one room, or vacuum a couple of rooms, your home will stay quite clean and you won’t have to do an overhaul when you have that party. Better yet, you’ll actually have a party because your home will be maintained!
- Take all bar soaps out of your showers and switch to liquid body soap. The soap scum will be kept at a minimum and you’ll be able to go a whole lot longer between scrubbing out your shower! Another tip is to scrub out your shower while you’re taking a shower!
Give these 5 things a try and let me know how it works for you!