Are you unhappy with your cleaning service and need to know how to handle it? Well, here are some pointers to help you communicate!
1. Email may be good in this case vs. calling. This gives the call recipient time to go through their feelings, process the complaint, then think through a way to fix or solve the problem.
2. Be specific. It is best to be direct, clear and very specific. It’s very hard to fix a problem with your cleaning service or cleaning team that is too vague and not specific.
3. Allow a little room for mistakes, but not too much room! Is there a small shelf on the wall that did not get cleaned just this one cleaning? Chances are it was just a little thing overlooked. However, if maybe the 1/2 bath is not getting cleaned on a regular basis and it is supposed to, well, that is something big that needs to be discussed!
4. BUT, don’t let lots of little things go, before bringing it up. You never want to let things fester, letting yourself get madder and madder about things. I hope most cleaning services want to fix any issues-at least we do! We are always grateful for the chance chance to solve any problems that may arise in the relationship between customer and cleaning service. Healthy and respectful communication is so important!
5. Don’t let the chance go by to let the cleaning service know when they’ve done a good job! I believe it is human nature to not say anything when we are happy and pleased, but most of us need to vent when we are not. I can honestly say that there is no better motivation to do good than to hear positive feedback when a customer is truly happy with their cleaning. The cleaning crews love to make their customers happy and love it when they get positive feedback, it just spurs them on the keep up the good work!