For a natural born cleaner, the New Year is an incredible time to deep clean the house for the New Year! I tend to do this at certain times of the year such as just before going on vacation (coming home to a clean house is AWESOME), spring time and during the week between Christmas and New Years Day. It signifies something more than cleaning I suppose. It signifies a fresh start! I took notice of what I did this year and here are the deep cleaning things I do. These are cleaning chores I do beyond the normal cleaning.
- Clean out the old food from the fridge, wash down the fridge and organize the contents of the fridge. It feels so incredibly good!
- Degrease the inside of the oven (or use the self cleaning function on the oven and then vacuum out the ashes).
- Clean out and organize the cabinets and pantry in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Wash the outside of the kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
- Wipe or vacuum all the baseboards and door ledges.
- Vacuum the tops of the cushions of the couches and chairs and under the cushions too. (I like to wash my couch pillows as well!)
- Dust all the light fixtures and ceiling fans in the house.
- Clean and organize the inside of the enclosed curio cabinets/china cabinets.
- Dust/vacuum all the blinds and the curtains. (Or wash the curtains if they are washable.)
- Use a dry Swiffer mop to dust all the walls in the home.
- Wash the bathroom walls in the full bathrooms. (Humidity can settle on the walls over time and can create stickiness).
For those of us who really love to clean, it is therapeutic, gives us time to think and reflect about life and also gives immediate gratification. I tend to clean when I am overwhelmed or stressed out and it sure does help. But for those who just don’t get us weirdo cleaners, Kidwell’s Kleaning can do most of these cleaning chores for you-just give us a call!