Here are 6 tips for a quick clean!
Are you looking for quick tips to have your home look clean for your guests? Well, here they are! Even if you have your home cleaned on a regular basis, you know it can get messy pretty fast if you have kids, pets or are cooking a lot for the holiday season!
1. Take 5-10 minutes to tidy up. Put pet toys in a basket, straighten the pillows on the sofa and remove any clutter. This will give the illusion of a organized and clean home!
2. Make sure the guest bathroom is clean. Empty the trash and replace the trash liner, put a fresh towel in the bathroom and do a final wipe down of the sink and toilet. Perhaps light a candle to create a warm and cozy area.
3. Wipe the kitchen counters and kitchen sink down. Most the time the party seems to linger in the kitchen, so make sure it is clutter free and clean! Also, put a fresh clean kitchen sponge out as well as have fresh tea towels out. Hopefully someone will offer to help you with the dishes!
4. Check to see if all the blinds and curtains are straight and/or facing the right way. Again, this will create the illusion of an organized and tidy home.
5. Windex any entry door windows and wipe doors down. The entrance areas are the first places your guests will see and will make the first impression!
6. Do one final vacuuming in the kitchen, family room and entrance areas. Don’t worry about mopping until after the party and the floor will need it the day after!
There you go! Even if you don’t have a cleaning service or didn’t have time for that deep cleaning you intended to do, your guests will think you have the cleanest house on the block!