Things to do before leaving for vacation!
There are so many things to do before leaving town that remembering everything can be difficult. The following is a little list with reminders that I thought might be helpful! Check out this list to make sure your covered!
- Turn your email message responder on.
- Unplug coffee makers and computers.
- Turn off your water. (I’ve come home to a flooded basement before. ☹)
- Turn up the air conditioner (but don’t turn it off). (You don’t want mildew to grow!)
- Close the curtains/blinds.
- Hold your mail/newspaper or have someone collect it for you.
- Let your credit card company know you will be using your card out of town.
- Clean out your wallet/purse so that you are only bringing what you need.
- Pay all your bills.
- Clean out the fridge of all your old food.
- Take out the trash.
- Consider hiding a key in case you need someone to get into your home for some reason.
- Make sure there are no wet clothes in the washing machine.
- Have someone to check on your home or have a house sitter stay.
- Sprinkle baking soda in the toilets and sink drain for freshness.
- Set timers for lights to come on.
- Call Kidwell’s Kleaning and have a good cleaning done the day before you come home again! (He he, but it does feel good to come home to a clean home!) I always vacuum my way out-a little bit of an obsession.